Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Soy Milk

Soy milk. This is not something I would drink everyday because I prefer cow's milk. However, I cannot ignore the healthy qualities that soy milk contain. One of my brothers, David, is a vegan. He does not eat any products that come from animals, including cow's milk. Therefore, he drinks soy milk. He always get me to drink soy milk when he comes to visit, and when I go to visit him in New York, he takes me to restaurants that only serve soy products, making me get a "Chicken" sandwich that is made of soy. I wanted to find out more about soy milk, so I went on the Silk Soy Milk website and found out some information.

The first thing that I wanted to find out was about the soy bean itself. Soy beans were originally grown in China, and they are a bean that is very high in protein. They are considered a complete protein, and they contain all 8 essential amino acids. They are low in saturated fat (fat that is bad for the body) and high in polyunsaturated fat (fat that is good for the body). They are also cholesterol free.

Just like cow's milk, soy milk is loaded with vitamins and minerals. It is great for the body. There have been many disputes over whether soy milk or cow's milk is better for you. After researching them, they both have very good qualities. One may have more of one mineral, while the other will have more of another. In reality, they are both a very healthy choice and I would recommend either. For me, I am going to stick with cow's milk.

To learn more about soy milk visit the website at http://www.silksoymilk.com/Default.aspx

1 comment:

  1. i only tried soy milk once, and it was vanilla flavored and warm. it was pretty gross

    ReplyDelete